JOB DESCRIPTION COMMITTEE MEMBER – FRIENDS OF WAAPA
There are some vacancies on the Friends Committee and we are looking for Members who would be interested in joining until the end of the year, with the option of extending that if you are engaged and satisfied in being part of a group raising funds to assist WAAPA students.
Memberships and fundraising are the major sources of income for the Friends. Students are helped with annual cash grants, such as Aboriginal Production and LINK Dance Company, and the Showcase Tours for Music Theatre and Acting students. Individual grants to students offset their financial commitments for their obligatory secondments.
If you’re enthusiastic, have a working knowledge of WORD and EXCEL and want to be part of a team whose core belief is in the future of WAAPA students, you may be just the person we’re seeking. You will find volunteering for this most rewarding as you make a tangible difference in the young and artistic lives of the students and their futures.
We are developing a Strategic Plan as we move forward, envisaging how we will evolve within the next four years with WAAPA’s relocation to the Perth CBD, by increasing our membership, focussing on social media like Facebook and Instagram, and encouraging groups to visit behind the scenes Tours of WAAPA.
This is an exciting and challenging time for our Committee.
Join the Friends of WAAPA Committee to help take us into the next exciting chapter!
- Be a financial member of the Friends of WAAPA, 18 years and over
- Police Clearance Certificate – You’ll need a current Police Clearance Certificate. The Friends will pay for one for the successful applicants
- Disposition – Outgoing personality and able to work happily as a member of a team
- Time commitment – Able to regularly attend one meeting at 5.00 pm of 1.5 hours length on the second Wednesday of the month at WAAPA or via Zoom.
- With some business acumen.
- Able to assist with food and drink purchases and preparation, venue set-up and clean-up at fundraisers
If you’re interested and have questions, please call Kevin on 0411 072 210
If you think that you’d fit the bill, please forward your details to ‘Committee Vacancy’, PO Box 1556, Subiaco, WA 6904, or email as outlined below.
To apply online the PROPOSER should complete the form online and then email it to the NOMINEE, who, when the appropriate section is completed, should ‘SUBMIT’. The form will then be emailed automatically to the committee and an acknowledgement will be emailed to the nominee.